Must-Try 4th of July Recipes
This 4th of July, bring something different to the table other than just plain burgers and dogs.
Try these recipes, your friends and family will thank you!
Zero-Effort Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri
Ingredients: 4 cups of cubed & frozen watermelon | lime juice | 1/2 cup (or 2 oz) rum
Directions: Watch Video Recipe
Ingredients: 2 lb. green grapes | 1 bottle prosecco | 4 oz. vodka | 1/2 c. sugar
Directions: Soak grapes in Prosecco and vodka in the fridge for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight). Drain and pat dry. Roll the grapes in sugar until fully coated, then serve.
Watermelon Caprese Salad
Ingredients: 1 small watermelon, sliced | 1 mozzarella ball, sliced | 2 tbsp. sliced fresh basil | Flaky sea salt | Freshly ground black pepper | Extra-virgin olive oil | Balsamic glaze
Directions: Slice watermelon into 1/2” thick squares, about 3”-x- 3”. Slice mozzarella into 1/2” slices. On a serving dish, alternate slices of mozzarella and watermelon. Sprinkle with basil, flaky sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze and serve.
Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
Ingredients: 1/2c BBQ sauce | 1/3c soy sauce | 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar | 2tsp sesame oil | 2 cloves garlic, minced | 1tbsp ginger, minced | 1tsp honey | kosher salt | 1tsp crushed red pepper flakes | 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces | 2c cubed pineapple | 2 green bell peppers, diced | 1 red onion, diced | White rice | 2tsp cilantro
Directions: Watch Video Recipe
Chicken, Tomato & Corn Foil Packs
Ingredients: 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts | 2 c. grape tomatoes, halved | 2 ears corn, shucked | 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced | 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided | 2 tbsp. butter | kosher salt | Freshly ground black pepper | Fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat grill to high. Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12" long.
- Top each piece of foil with a chicken breast, tomatoes, corn, and garlic. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon olive oil and top each with a pat of butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil packets crosswise over chicken and vegetable mixture to completely cover the food. Roll top and bottom edges to seal closed.
- Grill until internal temperature of chicken reads 170ºF on an instant-read thermometer and vegetables tender.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Ingredients: 2 bananas, cut into 1" pieces | 24 1" pieces pineapple | 12 large strawberries, rinsed, dried, and halved | 2 c. chocolate chips | 1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
- Make kebabs: Thread two pieces each banana, pineapple, and strawberry onto skewer. Repeat process to assemble 23 more skewers. Place all on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over fruit kebabs and top with chopped peanuts. Freeze until ready to serve.
4th of July Eton Mess
Ingredients: 10 oz. strawberries | 7 oz. blueberries | 1/3 c. blueberries | 1/3 c. sugar | 2 tbsp. sugar | 2 tbsp. water | 3 oz. meringue, crushed | 1 & 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Place strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar and water in bowl; set aside for 10 minutes to macerate.
- Transfer to small saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until mixture becomes jam-like, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about an hour.
- Place blueberries and 1 tablespoon sugar and water in small saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature, about an hour.
- To make whipped cream: Place heavy cream in chilled bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until well combined and medium stiff peaks from.
- To assemble: Layer glass with whipped cream, strawberry and blueberry syrup and crushed meringue.