This 4th of July, bring something different to the table other than just plain burgers and dogs.
Try these recipes, your friends and family will thank you!
Zero-Effort Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri
Ingredients: 4 cups of cubed & frozen watermelon | lime juice | 1/2 cup (or 2 oz) rum
Directions: Watch Video Recipe
Ingredients: 2 lb. green grapes | 1 bottle prosecco | 4 oz. vodka | 1/2 c. sugar
Directions: Soak grapes in Prosecco and vodka in the fridge for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight). Drain and pat dry. Roll the grapes in sugar until fully coated, then serve.
Watermelon Caprese Salad
Ingredients: 1 small watermelon, sliced | 1 mozzarella ball, sliced | 2 tbsp. sliced fresh basil | Flaky sea salt | Freshly ground black pepper | Extra-virgin olive oil | Balsamic glaze
Directions: Slice watermelon into 1/2” thick squares, about 3”-x- 3”. Slice mozzarella into 1/2” slices. On a serving dish, alternate slices of mozzarella and watermelon. Sprinkle with basil, flaky sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze and serve.
Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
Ingredients: 1/2c BBQ sauce | 1/3c soy sauce | 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar | 2tsp sesame oil | 2 cloves garlic, minced | 1tbsp ginger, minced | 1tsp honey | kosher salt | 1tsp crushed red pepper flakes | 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces | 2c cubed pineapple | 2 green bell peppers, diced | 1 red onion, diced | White rice | 2tsp cilantro
Directions: Watch Video Recipe
Chicken, Tomato & Corn Foil Packs
Ingredients: 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts | 2 c. grape tomatoes, halved | 2 ears corn, shucked | 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced | 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided | 2 tbsp. butter | kosher salt | Freshly ground black pepper | Fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat grill to high. Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12" long.
- Top each piece of foil with a chicken breast, tomatoes, corn, and garlic. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon olive oil and top each with a pat of butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil packets crosswise over chicken and vegetable mixture to completely cover the food. Roll top and bottom edges to seal closed.
- Grill until internal temperature of chicken reads 170ºF on an instant-read thermometer and vegetables tender.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Banana Split Kebobs
Ingredients: 2 bananas, cut into 1" pieces | 24 1" pieces pineapple | 12 large strawberries, rinsed, dried, and halved | 2 c. chocolate chips | 1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
- Make kebabs: Thread two pieces each banana, pineapple, and strawberry onto skewer. Repeat process to assemble 23 more skewers. Place all on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over fruit kebabs and top with chopped peanuts. Freeze until ready to serve.
4th of July Eton Mess
Ingredients: 10 oz. strawberries | 7 oz. blueberries | 1/3 c. blueberries | 1/3 c. sugar | 2 tbsp. sugar | 2 tbsp. water | 3 oz. meringue, crushed | 1 & 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Place strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar and water in bowl; set aside for 10 minutes to macerate.
- Transfer to small saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until mixture becomes jam-like, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about an hour.
- Place blueberries and 1 tablespoon sugar and water in small saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature, about an hour.
- To make whipped cream: Place heavy cream in chilled bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until well combined and medium stiff peaks from.
- To assemble: Layer glass with whipped cream, strawberry and blueberry syrup and crushed meringue.